Who Am I?
This guy, this is Benjamin Fincher, he is me. :)
I'm a happy-go-lucky kinda guy who is working to create a better planet, starting with me.
The first picture there is me pointing to where I signed "The Book of Greats". Said book has the likes of Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Mohammed Ali, and many others' signatures in it. (And you are worthy to have your name there too!) The fact that my name is in that book, as well as MANY other factors inspires me to be the best that I can be, to help others wherever and however I can and to be the best me there is. (Of which there's only 1)
I grew up in Orem, Utah. I was homeschooled throughout all my normal schooling years and have continued to learn ever since then! I've developed many passions, structured many habits into my life, studied many trades, and worked several places.
At the moment I've been focused on how to expand my influence for good, continue to improve myself, and how to better care for and provide for my family. (Yeah! That's my wife in these next pictures!)
Well, that's kinda the summary. There are heaps more! Like, actual tons of information and excitingness more, but that's probably good for now!
If you want to get a hold of me, send me a message over on Facebook or LinkedIn (links below) or reach out through the messaging on the podcast. Maybe I'll get an email address on here, or maybe not. No phone # here unless I get a separate line to keep the spam under control. :P
Ok, since you're still here, I'll tell you a little bit more.
These are some of the crazy awesome things I have done:
○ Graduated "The Elite", a 12-week course on mentoring by 3 Key Elements
○ Earned the rank of Eagle Scout, 5 Eagle Palms, and 50 merit badges with the Boy Scouts of America
○ Served a 2-year service mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
○ Completed over 10 presentations
○ Summited Mount Timpanogos and Kings Peak in Utah
○ Organized a very disorganized storeroom of over 600 shoes in one work shift
○ Hiked over 25 miles in less than 10 hours
○ Kicked the mudflap of a moving motokar
○ Recorded two audio trainings and published one as a CD
○ Learned Spanish fluently, both written and oral
○ Swung on a vine in the jungle
○ Gotten over 50 items off of my Vision Board
And here are some of the amazing things that I am working towards and/or am dreaming to achieve someday.
○ Host a group mentoring program
○ Live in my dream home with my wife and our kids
○ Play a song on the piano with people singing along a tempo
○ Return to Peru with my wife to visit the wonderful people and places
○ Have 100 active listeners on my podcast, How to Rewrite Your Stars
○ Be a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience
○ Be a presenter at Genshai (where I signed "The Book of Greats")
○ Learn German
○ Do 100 push-ups straight
○ Visit England and Scotland
○ Present to 100 people in the same class
○ Interview Elon Musk on How to Rewrite Your Stars
○ Do a firewalk
○ Run a Spartan Trifecta
○ Visit Outer Space